CBD Honey Recipe: Honey Spice Breakfast Cake by a Michelin Star Chef
by Blythe Mckain
Blythe Mckain is the head of the pastries department at Restaurant Gary Danko. Located in the historic Fisherman’s Wharf district in the city of San Francisco, Gary Danko Restaurant has 12 Five Diamond ratings from AAA as well as the coveted Relais & Châteaux designation. The Michelin rated restaurant has also earned several James Beard Awards, including Best New Restaurant, Best Service and Best Chef – California.
What’s the Buzz? There’s a new Populum product and it’s absolutely delicious. Populum’s Orange + CBD Raw Honey is made in partnership with Sweet Summer Farms in Phoenix, Arizona.
If you’re looking for a recipe that’s perfect for your upcoming holiday gatherings or if you just want to treat yourself to a perfect morning breakfast, Chef Blythe Mckain used Populum’s Orange + CBD Raw Honey in her newest recipe: CBD Honey Spice Breakfast Cake. The cake is everything you need for a relaxing and rewarding morning. Chef Mckain crafted this recipe to be easy enough for anyone to quickly pull together, using a lot of common household baking ingredients.
This CBD Honey Spicy Cake is not only unique because of the added cannabinoids, but the honey has been blended with fresh oranges for a light citrus taste. With the power of CBD plus the added benefits of antioxidants and nutrients of raw honey, this recipe will leave you feeling good. There is no extra added sugar, as the honey is naturally sweet on its own.
And bonus: Pair this with a warm cup of coffee with Populum’s limited edition holiday CBD + Hazelnut Coffee Syrup for your favorite coffeehouse drink in the convenience of your home.
Honey Spice Cake Recipe
- 4 oz all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 5.5 oz Populum Orange + CBD Raw Honey
- 2.5 oz melted butter
- 2 oz brewed coffee
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2.Combine dry ingredients and gently whisk them together
- 3.In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients
- 4.Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until evenly incorporated
- 5.Bake in an oiled loaf pan or in muffin cups in a 350 degree oven until the surface springs back and a toothpick comes out clean. (Approximately 20 minutes for a loaf and 10 minutes for muffins)
- 6.Serve with poached pears, roasted apples, or your favorite ice cream