Video: CBD Vegan Orange Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe!
by Caitlin March
This vegan CBD cheesecake is the perfect conduit for Populum’s Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil. Get ready to enjoy the benefits of plant-based power!
Who doesn’t love cheesecake? This vegan alternative is great if you are wanting a healthier dessert without the use of animal products! Josh Foo, who developed this recipe, admits he was never a big fan of chocolate and orange flavors paired together, but this recipe changed his mind. The slight bitterness of the dark chocolate paired with the creamy nuttiness of the cashews and the fresh citrus flavor of oranges creates a delicate balance. Unlike typical cheesecakes that tend to be heavy and hard on the stomach, this cheesecake is light and full of flavor!
Watch our video for step-by-step instructions!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates, pitted*
- 1/4 tsp. pink himalayan sea salt or fine sea salt
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil to grease the pan
- 3-5 drops of Populum Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked**
- 1 cup of coconut cream chilled
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup or Agave
- 1/3 cup of Coconut oil
- Juice of two oranges
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP of orange zest
- 1 cup if shaved dark chocolate
- 3 TBSP orange zest
You will need:
Food Processor or Blender
1. Place the Almonds into a food processor and process them until they have broken down into a fine crumble. Make sure to not over process so they do not turn into a butter. Add the soaked Medjool Dates and Pulse until the mixture begins to stick together. Add the Salt. The crust should hold together if you can squeeze the mixture in your hand or pinch with your finger.
2. Lightly grease an 9” Spring-loaded pan. Pour the crust mixture into the pan and spread it evenly. Press the mixture with the bottom of a glass or use your hand. Make sure the crust is even. Place in the refrigerator to firm up as you work on the filling.
1. Place all of the filling ingredients into a high speed blender, if you do not have one you can use a food processor but the filling might be a little more coarse. I actually processed the mixture in the food processor first, then transferred to the high speed blender to get it the texture I wanted but either or is fine. Blend the ingredients on high until the mixture has a smooth and thick consistency.
2. Pour the filling mixture on top of the crust. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula until the top layer is even. Tap the bottom of the cheesecake pan on the counter gently to make sure any air bubbles in the filling can be released.
1. Cover the top with the shaved dark chocolate pieces generously so the top layer is completely covered. Then add the orange zest.
2. Cover the cheesecake with a piece of plastic wrap and freeze the cheesecake for 6 hours or overnight.
3. Let it thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving, or you may serve it frozen.
*(Optional) Soak the Medjool dates for 8 Hours or Overnight.
**Soak the cashews in water for 8 hours or overnight so they become soft and plump. If you are in a hurry you may pour boiling hot water over the nuts and soak for 1 hour uncovered. When the cashews are done soaking, drain the water and rinse them thoroughly.
Recipe, imagery and photos provided by Joshua Foo.
Mentioned In This Article
Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil