CBD Snack Recipe: Ginger-orange CBD energy bites!
by Ashley Ballard
We’re starting the summer off with a CBD snack recipe that’s sure to give your body all the good stuff you need to jump-start the new season healthy and happy.
This post is a part of our recipe series. We’ve partnered with talented bakers, chefs, and bartenders to bring you unique and adventurous CBD oil recipes you can make at home.
While we’ll always leave room in our diets for the occasional eggnog or Old Fashioned, these energy bite CBD snacks are something we predict we’ll be making again and again to snack on throughout the year. If you’re not familiar with energy bites, think granola bar meets cookie dough; they have all of the health benefits of granola with the rich texture of cookie dough, rolled into perfect bite-sized snacks. Energy bites make a great pick-me-up throughout the day or work well as a light breakfast with your morning coffee. This recipe features Populum's Orange + CBD Raw Honey, real honey made by a local Arizona farm.
For this recipe, we partnered with Kate, a talented pastry chef in Omaha who’s worked at some of the best restaurants, bakeries, and coffee shops in town. She worked her magic on these energy bites to create a fresh and fruity recipe, and we dare you not to eat them all in one sitting.
“These energy bites have all the good stuff you'd like in the morning from a bowl of oatmeal, but when you add the zesty orange oil and fresh ginger, they're exceptional at any time of day and something special to look forward to,” says Kate.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flax seeds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup Populum Orange + CBD Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 20ml Populum’s Signature 500 CBD
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1.Grind flax seeds in a small blender.
- 2.Combine ground flax seeds in a medium-size mixing bowl with oats, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, fresh ginger and ginger powder.
- 3.Melt CBD honey and coconut oil until syrupy and allow to cool.
- 4.Add 20ml (20 full droppers) of CBD oil to the liquid ingredients.
- 5.Mix liquid and dry ingredients together.
- 6.Place the mixture in the fridge for 10 to 30 minutes.
- 7.Divide mixture evenly into 20 pieces.
- 8.Roll all pieces between your hands to form a ball and roll almonds on the outside.
- 9.Allow finished bites to set up fully in the fridge for an additional 30 minutes.
- 10.Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag. They will keep in the fridge for up to four weeks, or you can freeze them and they’ll last for several months.