Recipe: try these Orange Chai CBD cookies!
by Ashley Ballard
This post is a part of our recipe series. We’ve partnered with talented bakers, chefs, and bartenders to bring you unique and adventurous CBD oil recipes you can make at home. This time around, we are excited to share a recipe for orange chai CBD cookies.
Today we have dessert on the menu in the form of CBD cookies: Orange Chai Snickerdoodles infused with Populum's Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil. We’re pretty sure that CBD cookies aren’t a recommended breakfast item, but these cookies taste so much like an orange cinnamon roll, we may or may not be sneaking them for breakfast and dessert.
For this recipe, we partnered with Kaitlan, a baker based in Omaha, who specializes in making cookies, as well as other baked goods out of her home in Dundee. “These CBD cookies will remind you almost too much of an orange cinnamon roll, but that’s definitely not a bad thing,” she says. We’ll warn you that these are so good, you might want to eat more than one, so if you have a sweet tooth and think you’ll be munching on a few cookies throughout the day, you may want to use Populum’s Basic 250 Hemp Oil instead of our Signature 500 Hemp Oil.
Makes 21 CBD cookies, with a single dosage
- Populum Signature 500 hemp CBD
- (Up to) 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk (or alternative)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1.Preheat oven to 300 F.
- 2.Put 21ml of Populum’s Signature 500 Hemp Oil into a ½ measuring cup and fill the rest of the cup with canola oil.
- 3.Mix the cup of CBD and canola oil with the sugar, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- 4.Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl.
- 5.In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger.
- 6.Measure out 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it in the sugary topping.
- 7.Continue until all the dough is used.
- 8.Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 9.Let cookies cool and transfer to a cooling rack.