Recipe: Refreshing Cinco de Mayo CBD-Infused Margarita
by Taylor Hogan
Who doesn’t love margaritas on Cinco de Mayo? Citrus is the perfect ingredient for a refreshing springtime drink. Enjoy this recipe made with only fresh juices and natural ingredients.
Traditional margaritas feature tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, and sour mix. This fresh-squeezed margarita is designed to be much lighter, in both sugars and ingredients! This is a great alternative to a traditional margarita or store-bought margarita mix. Margarita mixes you can buy off the shelves contain added high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavorings that can leave you feeling heavy.
Our naturally orange-flavored CBD tincture is the perfect tasty addition to a margarita. It gives that orange taste we love, without the extra added alcohol sugars.
CBD FRESH SQUEEZED CBD MARGARITA
(For one single serving margarita)
- Kosher salt (enough to rim the glass)
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila (or three tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 Limes)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (½ lemon, or substitute for more lime juice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (½ medium orange)
- 1 full dropper of Populum 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Tincture (2 droppers of 250mg Full-Spectrum Tincture or 1/2 dropper of 1000mg Full-Spectrum Tincture)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (add more as needed for a sweeter version)
For a pitcher (5-6 glasses)
- 8 ounces silver tequila
- 6 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice — (3/4 cup, from about 3-4 medium/large limes)
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (¼ cup from about 2 medium lemons)
- 5-6 droppers full of Populum CBD
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice — (1/2 cup, from about 4 medium oranges)
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar — (or simple syrup, more if you prefer a sweeter margarita)
- Rim the glass by first using an orange wedge around the glass, then lightly tapping all around the rim of the glass in the kosher salt flakes. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a small shaker with tequila, CBD oil, orange, lemon, and lime juice, and agave (add more as desired for sweetness level).
- No shaker? No problem! Use a protein shaker, spill proof coffee mug, or mason jar)
- Shake for 30 seconds and strain over a cup of ice.
- For a pitcher, stir together ingredients without ice in a large pitcher. Chill in the fridge and serve over ice.
And there you have it! A delicious and healthier version of a margarita, with the added benefits of CBD. Try it at home this Cinco de Mayo while you're stuck at home. Great for outdoor sippin'.