CBD Tea: How Hemp CBD Can Enhance Your Tea
by Taylor Hogan
If you think there's nothing quite like cozying up with a cup of tea, you're not alone. Tea is the most consumed beverage in the world, and one of the oldest. While your favorite tea blend may already be full of antioxidants, there’s an easy way to get even more benefits from it.
Adding just a few drops of CBD oil to your tea can help you start your morning off right or wrap up your day on a relaxing note. Swapping tea for coffee is also a great way to reduce or eliminate caffeine and its potential side effects, such as jitteriness.
Maybe you’re already a tea drinker or are experimenting with trading a cup or two of CBD coffee for tea. Either way, this guide will give you some ideas for tea blends to pair with your CBD tincture. You’ll also learn more about why CBD tea is a great addition to your daily wellness routine and how to pick the highest quality hemp CBD.
What Is CBD Tea?
Even though coffee is a popular beverage worldwide, tea-drinking predates coffee by 3,000 years — it was first harvested in 2700 BCE. Today, this antioxidant-rich drink is grown in over 35 countries and comes in several varieties. By combining hemp CBD oil and tea, you can nourish your body in multiple ways.
CBD (or cannabidiol) is derived from the buds of the hemp plant. It’s one of at least 85 compounds found in hemp that interacts with your endocannabinoid system (ECS). Your endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating many functions in your body, including cognition, pain sensation, appetite, memory, sleep, immunity, and mood. CBD compounds work with your body to give you a sense of well-being.
Per the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp products are strictly regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They are required by law to contain no more than 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
What does this mean for you? Simply put, you can enjoy hemp CBD products as part of your wellness routine without worrying about that “high” feeling. Whether you choose CBD gummies, a hemp rub for muscles and joints, or a few drops of CBD oil in your cup of tea, you can look forward to experiencing CBD's ability to help bring your body into balance.
Adding CBD to Your Tea
Turning a cup of regular tea into CBD tea is easy. After steeping your tea in hot water (or cold), follow the dosing guidelines on your bottle of CBD oil.
If you prefer to drink several cups of tea throughout the day, consider spacing out your dosage of CBD accordingly. You'll still experience CBD's positive effects without radically altering the flavor of your tea, which may occur depending on how much CBD you use.
Instead of shopping for premade CBD tea blends, try adding a few drops of hemp CBD oil the next time you enjoy a cup of tea. You'll be able to take any tea you already have and enhance it with CBD at home or on the go. Using a CBD tincture with your tea is a simple way to spread out a dose of CBD throughout the day.
Populum's full spectrum hemp CBD oil is carefully formulated for maximum potency. And because it's full spectrum, it’s loaded with many benefits the hemp plant has to offer. Populum's CBD tincture also features an award-winning orange flavor, making it an ideal pairing for several tea blends. (More on this later.)
CBD Tea Dosage and Benefits
From naturally caffeine-free herbal teas to green, black, or white teas, this centuries-old drink comes with a host of health benefits. Whether you opt for loose leaf tea or tea bags, always select products from reputable tea brands. By choosing a top-quality tea to go with your CBD oil, you can avoid additives or potentially harmful ingredients.
No matter your health and wellness goals, there's likely a tea blend to fit your routine. If you're not ready to give up caffeine quite yet, look for caffeinated varieties such as green, white, or black teas. Alternatively, herbal teas (also called tisanes) are caffeine-free, so you can drink them later in the day or before bed without interfering with your sleep quality.
Be mindful of how much hemp CBD oil you add to your cup of tea. For example, Populum recommends one serving of 8-8.5 mg of CBD tincture per day. If you're someone who looks forward to drinking several cups throughout your day, you can spread this out over a few or include it one or two. Simply add a few drops along with milk or a sweetener such as honey, and you’re set.
Remember, CBD tea can be used to energize and kickstart your day, wind down your evening to help you settle into a restful night's sleep, and everything in between.
For example, CBD and matcha green tea can give you an energy boost and help you focus at work. If you're dealing with anxiety, preparing a cup of chamomile CBD tea can be the perfect opportunity to find a moment of calm in your day and feel more at ease. CBD tea may even be used as part of your post-workout recovery. Turmeric tea's inflammation-fighting properties might help you bounce back after a sweat session.
It's wise to take a measured approach when introducing CBD into your routine, especially if it's your first time using it. By following dosage suggestions, you'll experience how CBD affects your body and notice any potential side effects (which are rare).
Choosing Your CBD Tea
For some delightful tea and CBD pairing ideas, give these selections a try:
- Chamomile: Chamomile tea is a delicately flavored tea well-suited to being part of an evening routine, especially after a long day. It's caffeine-free, and studies show it can increase feelings of calm and relaxation. Having a sense of peacefulness can help you drift to sleep a little faster or ease anxious feelings. It also supports your immune system and has an anti-inflammatory impact on the body.
- Peppermint: When you need to feel energized, clear-minded, and focused, reach for peppermint tea. In the same study looking at chamomile tea, peppermint tea improved long-term memory, memory speed, and pain management. Preparing a cup of peppermint tea with a drop or two of CBD oil in the morning can help you calmly start your day feeling refreshed.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerhouse of nutrients known for its numerous antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties.Turmeric needs fat to be adequately absorbed, so adding a hemp CBD tincture like Populum's a perfect fit. With coconut, grapeseed, and hemp oils, this tincture can impart a hint of orange flavor and help you absorb all of the tea's benefits.
- Ginger: Like turmeric, scientific evidence shows ginger can reduce inflammation and pain in the body. Ginger is also useful in alleviating nausea and upset stomach, motion sickness, and improving cardiovascular health. Try adding a splash of lemon juice with your CBD oil in your ginger tea for a warming citrus drink.
- Green Tea: You're likely already familiar with green tea and may have traded your morning coffee for a cup of it now and then. Green tea has less caffeine than coffee, but it’s still a great choice when you need a pick-me-up. It’s also rich in catechins, which are potent antioxidants. Research shows that green tea can also reduce cardiovascular disease, improve bone density, and protect neurons. Matcha is a type of green tea known for its exceptionally high antioxidant qualities.
Finding the Best Quality CBD for Your Tea
Always do your research when choosing which CBD products to incorporate into your day, especially when you're ingesting them and not just applying them to your skin. Keep your eyes open for companies that take pride in producing high-quality hemp CBD products and offer transparent third-party lab results.
By looking at lab results, you'll know exactly what you're getting with your hemp product. Populum's lab results show you cannabinoid and terpene profiles along with other purity markers ensuring your CBD product is of the highest quality and free from toxins.
Peaceful moments sipping on tea are much more relaxing when you can trust what’s in your cup.
Sip on Your Favorite Cup of CBD Tea
Adding hemp CBD oil to your tea is a simple and effortless way to reap the benefits of CBD. Much like experimenting with different tea blends to discover a favorite, take your time when it comes to finding your ideal dose of CBD. Following the guidelines on your bottle of full spectrum hemp CBD oil tincture will give you a great starting point, and over time, you'll get a feel for the amount that best suits you.
Whether you enjoy a single cup of tea in the morning, a couple of cups throughout your day, or a relaxing sip in the evening, take advantage of the opportunity to add some CBD oil into your daily wellness routine. While you can find CBD tea blends online, tinctures allow you to better control your dosage of CBD while turning any cup of tea into a soothing experience on demand.