This Hazelnut + CBD Hot Cocoa Recipe is Perfect for Cold Winter Days
by Taylor Hogan
There's nothing quite as nostalgic as a cup of homemade hot cocoa after a long day of playing in the winter snow. That that warm, fuzzy feeling you get drinking a cup of hot cocoa may be more than just nostalgia. According to the National Library of Medicine drinking cocoa may improve calmness and contentment. This is why hot cocoa is a sweet treat that is perfect for the winter when you’re coping with shorter days and less sunlight.
Our team wanted to infuse the cozy feeling of hot cocoa with the benefits of CBD for the perfect relaxation holiday drink. This recipe is made using Populum’s new Hazelnut + CBD Coffee Syrup. This sweet syrup is versatile and can be used in more than just coffee. It can be used to sweeten a variety of foods and beverages with the added benefit of CBD.
This Hazenut + CBD Hot Cocoa is simple and delicious. All it takes are just a few ingredients (and whatever toppings you’d like) to create a treat that will be sure to warm up even the coldest of days!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons Populum's CBD + Hazelnut Coffee Syrup
- 1.In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and 1/2 cup of milk.
- 2.Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- 3.Add remaining milk (4 cups), CBD Hazelnut Coffee Syrup and a pinch of salt. Mix and heat; do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 4.Serve hot, with marshmallows. Makes six servings.