Flavored CBD Oil Vs. Unflavored CBD Oil: Which CBD Oil Products Are Right For Me?
by Kit O'Connell
Choosing between flavored and unflavored CBD oil is one of the first decisions a person makes when buying CBD oil products.
At Populum, we know it can be confusing to decide which CBD oil to buy. How do you know what you are getting, especially as a first time user of CBD? As always, we want to make it simple for our customers to buy CBD, and to feel good about their purchases. That’s why we created this guide to flavored and unflavored CBD oil products.
For years, we’ve been known for the delicious all-natural orange flavor in Populum Full Spectrum Hemp Oil. It’s got a fresh orange taste that blends and covers the taste of hemp without being overwhelming. Even though this is an effective and versatile product, we also offer an unflavored alternative.
In the article below, we’ll get into why we created each product, and how our customers use flavored vs. unflavored CBD. Then we’ll give you some tips for choosing between the two. Read on, and by the end of this article you’ll know a lot more about how to choose your CBD.
Why do people love flavored CBD oil?
When you taste the hemp flavor of full spectrum CBD oil, what you’re tasting is not just CBD. The hemp plant contains hundreds of compounds which work together to create the entourage effect. One major component of the flavor of hemp extract are terpenes, These natural scented chemicals are found in many plants in nature, and make up a big part of the scent and taste bouquet of hemp.
Fortunately, any possible benefits of terpenes remain when you add additional flavor. And many people find it easier to take CBD oil directly in flavored form. At Populum, our signature orange flavor is mild and sweet, like a freshly squeezed, ripe orange.
The most common way to take Populum Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil is directly under the tongue. Just hold the supplement there for 15-30 seconds, swish it around your mouth and swallow. Other people like to add our flavored CBD oil to a glass of water and sip all day, or even use it to create CBD-infused drinks.
Since our award-winning orange flavor is so popular, we offer our flavored CBD oil in more concentrations, in 4 different strengths from 250mg to 2000mg per bottle. So if you need a high potency CBD oil, then the flavored option is the way to go.
You don’t have to worry about getting anything fake or artificial either. Populum uses cold-pressed orange oil to flavor our CBD. It’s even a good source of Vitamin C!
Switch to Better CBD
We're confident you'll like us better. Try us risk-free & get $50 towards a premium CBD oil.
The many uses of unflavored CBD oil
There are lots of reasons why we added an unflavored CBD oil to our lineup. Some people just don’t like the taste of oranges! Other people enjoy the earthy flavor of unflavored hemp extract.
There are just three ingredients in Populum Unflavored Full Spectrum CBD Oil: hemp extract, grapeseed oil, and hempseed oil. That’s it. For purists, and those carefully watching every ingredient, our unflavored oil makes a perfect choice. It has a light, earthy taste. It’s not bitter, like some other CBD oils.
Our unflavored CBD oil is also a great choice if you’re adding CBD to smoothies or post workout drinks, cookies, CBD drinks, or any CBD-infused edible where you don’t want an orange taste competing with the other flavors. It’s still a relatively mild-tasting CBD, making it easy to hide the taste when you’re already adding other ingredients.
If you want an ultrasimple, quality choice, unflavored CBD is the way to go.
Flavored CBD Vs. Unflavored CBD: Comparing popular forms of CBD oil
Both of our flavored and unflavored CBD oil are vegan, gluten free, and cruelty free (never tested on animals). All our CBD oil is carefully third-party lab tested, to make sure you’re getting a pure and potent CBD oil. We send the test results from your CBD products with every order.
With all that established, here are some final tips for choosing between flavored and unflavored CBD oil products:
- Use flavored CBD oil if you’re new to CBD, don’t like earthy flavors, or just love the taste of oranges: Populum’s flavored CBD oil remains one of our most popular products. It is versatile and easy to take anytime as a valuable addition to your wellness routine. You can take it under your tongue or add it to a glass of water.(Product Recommendation: 500mg Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Tincture)
- Use high potency flavored CBD if you need a very strong CBD oil: Some people take CBD oil multiple times a day, or require a higher dose to feel the maximum effects. For those people, a high potency CBD oil can be a cost effective option. Even with our strongest CBD, the orange flavor blends in to keep you from being overwhelmed by hempy taste.(Product Recommendation: 2000mg Full-Spectrum Hemp CBD Tincture)
- Use unflavored CBD oil if you prefer products with as few ingredients as possible: Since Populum’s unflavored CBD oil is made with just 3 ingredients, it’s a great choice for ingredient purists. And there’s no added flavors to compete with other tastes. (Product Recommendation: Unflavored Full-Spectrum CBD Oil)
- Use CBD-infused honey for a sweet treat in your coffee or tea: Surprise, we’ve got one more option for you to consider … Populum Orange + CBD Raw Honey. This product combines our signature orange flavor with delicious raw honey made on a small farm in Arizona.(Product Recommendation: Orange + CBD Raw Honey)
Of course, you can use more than one CBD oil product too. For example, a lot of people enjoy combining CBD oil with a CBD topical, for maximum relief during their workout routines.
Final thoughts on choosing CBD oil
Some people shy away from trying flavored CBD oil, because they think it’s going to be too sweet or candylike. However, the natural orange flavor we use in our tinctures is both delicious and subtle. It’s just enough to cover up the taste of hemp, without overwhelming your taste buds.
Speaking personally, I love Populum’s orange flavor, and I also enjoy the natural botanical flavor of unflavored CBD. In particular, I love to mix unflavored CBD oil with green tea. I think the flavors match up delightfully.
No matter which CBD oil you choose, you’ll find a potent CBD oil made with the highest standards of care, and rigorously tested so you can trust what you’re taking at Populum.
Remember, Populum offers a 30-day risk free satisfaction guarantee, so if you try one of our products but don’t like it, we’ll give you your money back.
If you still need help choosing CBD, reach out to us. You can contact Populum by email, chat or phone. Our friendly team is here to answer your questions.
* Author Bio: Kit O’Connell is a writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. His work has also appeared in Yes! Magazine, the Texas Observer, and elsewhere. He served as Editor in Chief of the Ministry of Hemp from 2017 until 2021.